Radical is defined as:
- of or going to the root or origin; fundamental: a radical difference.
- thoroughgoing or extreme, especially as regards change from accepted or traditional forms: a radical change in the policy of a company.
- favoring drastic political, economic, or social reforms: radical ideas; radical and anarchistic ideologues.
- forming a basis or foundation.
- existing inherently in a thing or person: radical defects of character.
We believe that self-love is the root or origin of our relationship to ourselves — that we come to this planet as LOVE.
We believe that we need an extreme form of self-love to counter the constant barrage of shame, discrimination, and body terrorism that are enacted against us every single day.
We believe that our society needs a drastic political, economic, and social reformation in the way in which we deal with bodies and body difference.
We believe that radical self-love is the foundation for radical human love.
We believe that radical self-love is indeed our inherent natural state, but that the systems around us have distanced us from that knowing.
We believe that our work in this movement is to move the world closer to a self-love that is fundamental, a powerful force for social, political, and economic change, and a way of living clearly inherent in all that we think, say, and do. We are radical on purpose!